guide to using its-myworld
- Getting started
- How students sign up
- The basics
- Creating a welcome page and ID card
- Projects: blog, my city, fan page
- Newsdesk, messages, passport, penpals...
At its-myworld your students can create their own web pages, respond to news stories, take part in online projects, communicate with other students of English, and explore the web. If you're a subscriber to its-teachers then all your students have free access to the site. If you aren't already a subscriber, click here to find out how to take out a teacher's subscription.
In order for your students to access the sites, they need to register (see next page). As part of the registration process, they need to enter your its-myworld address. We need this information in order to link the student to a teacher subscriber. Your default address is the same as your ID number but you can create your own personal address by following the steps below.
- Go to the its-myworld site by clicking on the tab at the top of this page or by going to www.its-myworld.com. If you aren't already logged in, enter your subscriber ID and password.
- Select 'Profile' from the menu on the left and then 'Edit your address'. Now follow the instructions to create an address for your its-myworld homepage.
- Select 'Edit welcome page' from the menu on the left and enter some information about yourself. You can enter as much or as little information as you want. When you've finished, choose 'Save and view' at the bottom of the page.
That's it! You can now use the site with your students. Before you do, we suggest you look through the different sections in this guide and try some of the activities using the its-myworld page that you have just created.